Saturday 2 January 2010

Prologue

Hello.
I'm not really sure how to start this as I've never done anything like this before. I suppose I should tell you a little bit about me to start with in the vague belief that someone will actually read this.
My name is Nina and I live in north London in an area seemingly filled with comedians and actors (they're everywhere!) But that's the way I like it. I myself had acting ambitions in the late nineties and early 2000s and even went to Edinburgh alongside some very well-respected names, but it didn't happen for me then and I left for Australia where I lived for a year with my elder sister. On my return I started to work behind the scenes in TV. I loved working on a comedy show with Danny Wallace and also a year long interactive documentary with young people but then I had a bad experience. I started working for a company that epitomised everything I hate about telly and it went tits up.
I went tits up.
So, I went to Australia again just for a few weeks this time and now I am back and determined not to be sucked into that vacuous media machine again. I have decided to leave television for the time being and concentrate on some rather more personal ambitions of which I'll tell you about tomorrow.

At school I used to read the NME when it didn't have staples. They had a section called "TURN-ONs-What's going on the NME stereo" and I used to recreate this in my bedroom on my noticeboard and update it every week. They might still do it, I don't know but I thought I might do it on here as music is a big part of my life. And so...

TURN-ONS- what's going on the Thong stereo

1- I know your girlfriend hates me- Annie (because it's fucking great)
2- Help, I'm alive-Metric (thanks to my big bro and biggest music influence)
3- Sexy, No,No,No- Girls Aloud
4- Blue Moon- Cowboy Junkies (thanks to Andrew Collins on 6music)
5- Sweet Jane- Velvet Underground (Skins used this in a sex scene recently. Bloody great, Skins)

No comments:

Post a Comment