Thursday 7 January 2010

For the love of Daniel Kitson

Sitting in my bed on this freezing cold morning I am, for first time, enjoying being out of work. From my bed, I can see a snow covered Alexandra Palace, a pure white garden and a couple of tits feeding on my window sill. I could be in a Disney film!

Still, back to reality for a second.
The past couple of days have allowed me to sample the cultural delights the capital has to offer,the first being La Clique at the Roundhouse.
I've never seen anything of this ilk before ( closest being Monkey at the O2, which I thoroughly enjoyed )and it's not something I would necessarily book to see were it not for having some friends involved.
It was bloody great! you are encouraged to be vocal and take part, like an upmarket, more dangerous panto. In a series of ( sort of ) death defying acts that thrilled the audience, you never knew what was coming next. My friends, The Wau Wau sisters opened with their rock chick, beer-swilling fag-smoking trapeze act which gets me every time. They are true New Yorkers and I don't understand how they do what they do without killing themselves.Respect is most definitely due for these girls as they work ridiculously hard and the results are phenomenal.

During the show I recognised one of the ushers as an ex from the 2003 era.It was a particularly unwelcome sight as it ended badly and the last time I bumped into him on a bus I had shouted, "As if my day couldn't get any fucking worse!" Mature I know.
Anyhoo, this time I was decidedly more genial and actually just had no feelings for him whatsoever. We were able to chat for quite a lengthy time after the show about our mutual love of all things New York and my recent ER visit whilst on holiday there! Only downside was I hardly spoke to the Wau Waus. I felt purged though, and a little bit grown up. There haven't been many people I have felt such utter loathing for in my life and I was glad I no longer did.

Last night I went to see the wonderful Daniel Kitson, a comedian I am proud to say I have followed since doing his lights and sound at the Hen and Chickens in 2002. I walked through 2 miles of snow covered road, fell on my arse twice and nearly got run over, all in my quest to see him at the Union Chapel where he was performing his latest stand-up show "We Are Gathered Here" for the last time.
It was totally worth it. The man is just a natural comic.
( However, I have a risotto in my fridge that I am no longer able to eat because I keep imagining his shit swirling through it.)

My best friend, Katie, gave me some lovely Christmas presents on Tuesday, including a lovely bottle of Bollinger! I almost cried when I saw it as it was a kind of Champagne karma. I had had a bottle of Bollinger given to me by an actor I dressed that I had saved for years for a special occasion. I finally decided to drink with my then boyfriend only to go and meet him at his house and find that he had drunk three quarters of it by himself celebrating that his football team had won the double!

Right I'm off to the shower and then possibly Clapham later, for more comedy.

Seeya Bye

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nina
    There's nothing wrong with saying the word "cunt" I think they're beautiful things and are there to be admired, touched, licked, kissed, gazed at in awe and cherished by the male species so how can a word that describes such a beautiful thing be a bad word ?

    Dont let it worry you Nina you should be proud of your cunt and show it off as often as possible and dont be afraid to shout out its name.

    Take care

    Dave x

    P.S.
    I'm a professional cunt watcher and licker so if you have a photo of yours I would love to see it :)

    ReplyDelete