Sunday 7 February 2010

DUMBO

No posts for a couple of weeks although I doubt anyone has noticed. The truth is there's stuff that happens that I can't really blog about. Part of me really wants to as it would be cathartic but I'm not ready to put myself in the public domain in that way just yet.
One of my friends mentioned that my blog might be more interesting if it had more sex in it. Stay tuned, Glyn, stay tuned...

I am writing something though. This was my promise to myself in December: I made it the night I saw Daniel Kitson at Sydney Opera House. My sister and I came home from the Opera Bar and my brother-in-law was watching American Beauty. I had studied this film in a screenwriting class I took a few years ago and seeing it again reminded me what a near perfect film it is. The thought of coming back to England and trying to find work in TV filled me with dread, so I decided there and then not to, and it felt right. I'll talk more about what I'm writing next time but for the moment I need to sleep. I'm too old to be getting home at 3am.


TURN-ONS What's going on the Thong stereo.



1. Tidal- Imogen Heap

2. Car Song- Madder Rose

3. Interesting Drug- Morrissey

4. One Love- Massive Attack (can't wait for Heligoland)

5. Need One- Martina Topley-Bird


Silent non-existent people, in case you're wondering about the title. It's a new area in New York. An acronym for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass. Didn't have a title see, and New York trivia is always interesting, I think.

3 comments:

  1. don't know if you ever met my friend Priya, she's a writer (novels) and has a blog too. Lots more recent posts but thought you might enjoy this one:
    http://priyaparmar.blogspot.com/2009/08/just-put-it-out-there.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I sound like a perv. (I'm not wrong though...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello! i am jack's friend priya. i am also a big fan of dumbo and of an old broken down bar and bowling alley i recently discovered in my brother's neighbourhod of greenpoint (not too far from dumbo if you happen to be in brooklyn). i hope the writing is going well! thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete